I have had anxiety about writing this article all damn day. For one there’s so much to cover that my thoughts aren’t as organized as I’d like, and second I HATE confrontation and it seems that, taking a cue from the ladies of Real Housewives of New Jersey, everyone wants to fight over this. WHY? It’s a show. I say the same thing about sports. But I guess fans are fanatics and we can consider last night’s RHONJ season finale the Superbowl of suburban women who would rather watch flying extensions over airborne pigskin. So without further ado, whether you are “Team” Teresa (Giudice) , “Team” everybody else, or, like yours truly, an independent, I will try to answer all the questions you have tweeted me, express my opinion, and try to see all sides. Being there is so much, the best way for me to get through this is to list in no particular order:
1. Teresa’s “beating 500” heart– Many of you feel that Tre’s remarks regarding her quickened heart rate point at guilt, I disagree. In the finale part 1 Teresa‘s first encounter with Angelo, the shady salon PR guy (do salon’s really need that???) she feels ambushed and uncomfortable. If I recall many of you were singing her praises for not wanting to even deal with him or Kim D‘s attempts to frame Melissa as a stripper. Why the 180 a week later? Is it not possible that Tre’s anxiety came from the fact that she knew Angelo was there to cause trouble? After all, he was, and due to her previous encounter she knew he was bad news. I mean my heart was racing, and I was watching from my living room a year later. Yes she knew the shit was about to hit the fan, we all did. And she warned Melissa, in the bathroom. She didn’t sit back and enjoy the show with a smirk on her face.
2. Pete Giudice’s congratulations– Did Tre’s brother in law say why he was congratulating her? I’m really asking here, because I missed this chunk due to angry tweeters and a little Fabellini buzz, which I will address later. If he did specifically say “Congrats on outing your sister in law as a stripper” well then there’s a big smoking gun, however, just a vague congratulations could have been about anything and taken out of context, and chronological order, by Bravo’s production team. Need proof this happens? Two weeks ago during Dina Manzo’s overly hyped appearance Dina was live tweeting. In the show she said to Tre , “I guess blood is not thicker than water.” In the context of the show it appeared she was discussing her sister Caroline, however, Dina tweeted, “I said that regarding her relationship with her brother (Joe Gorga) I should have known they would do this. It is what it is.” Need further proof that this stuff happens? Richard Wakile tweeted that he never said his wife tasted like fish. This may be Reality TV folks, but foremost it is TV.
3. If it looks like a dramatic set up and smells like a dramatic setup…well then-On the radio this morning I heard a quote from ex Idol judge Steven Tyler of Aerosmith who stated the new panel will “Be put in situations that make them uncomfortable, but that’s Television.” I honestly do not believe that Angelo forgot his mic was on. Have you seen those mic packs? They are bulky and uncomfortable. You’d have to be pretty numb or stupid to forget. This was made to look like an accident, but when it comes to ratings there are very few accidents. I have no proof, this is just my opinion which is based on intuition and an embarrassingly over abundant knowledge of how Reality TV works. Angelo had a small chance to make an
impression, and he made the most of it.
4. Blaming Jacqueline– This was ridiculous. I felt for Teresa up until that comment. It was the wrong way to handle the situation. I’m also pretty sure, having met Jac and knowing she has much more important things to focus her attention on, framing Teresa or anyone just isn’t on her agenda, or something she could even be capable of. Now as far as the texts go, that’s another thing I need to re-watch as I was distracted by tweeting at that point too.
5. My version of “impartial”- I got a lot of heat these past two days. The Teresa “haters” were after me for my participation in Fabellini Wine’s Twitter party. The Jacqueline “haters” were all over me for my coverage of her Sparkle Speaks event. Let me make these statements only once, and I will forever direct anyone who asks to Finale Thoughts Exhibit 5. I am a firm believer in “If you haven’t anything nice to say don’t say anything at all.” I have met every current NJ Housewife. Not a single one of them was rude, phony, or unapproachable. In that respect I am happy to support anything and everything they do, especially when it involves raising money for charity as in the case of Sparkle Speaks. In the case when it doesn’t think about this: I earn about $30 a month off my blog currently. I put in hours and hours often staying up late into the night for this $1 a day. I do it as a labour of love and in hopes that it will lead to a full time PAID job in media. I spend more money on the gas I use getting to events than what I pull in. So I will endorse products, I have to. Like any publication advertising is my best potential for revenue. That being said I did NOT get paid for the Fabellini Twitter party. I was given the product for it, however. I liked it so why not tweet about it? Should I get paid by them or anyone down the road, however, that is no one’s place to judge, people will though so know this: I will not endorse anything I don’t like or that is toxic. I also do not see how endorsing could change my site considering that A. I don’t bash people on this site and B. I only print what I hear or experience…all truth, not much opinion. I leave the opinions up to all of you. You all have so many and I enjoy reading them and sharing them, and I’m quite sure you are going to do that right now…waiting for the virtual feces to fly…